Garage Sale Regulations
By Amanda Fisher - January 1, 2013
Strict Standards: Non-static method Format::formatHTML() should not be called statically in /home/benttree/public_html/printer_friendly.php on line 109
Jefferson Parish Ordinance 18640 established that a permit is required in unincorporated Jefferson Parish for "garage, rummage, yard, craft, and boutiques sales". Regulations for conducting such sales include but are not limited to:
Strict Standards: Non-static method Format::formatHTML() should not be called statically in /home/benttree/public_html/printer_friendly.php on line 110
- Only 2 sales can be held at a particular location in any 12-month period.
- No signs are allowed on telephone poles, neutral grounds, or on any Parish right-of-way.
- Sale hours must be between 8:00 A.M. and 5:00 P.M.
- Sales can last a maximum of 2 consecutive days.
- The Garage Sale Permit must be prominently posted on the front of the building at all times during the sale.
- A permit must be obtained for each sale.
- A $10, non-refundable administrative charge must be paid for each permit.